Are you wondering how much federal relief funding your Head Start has access to? You’ve come to the right place! The Early Childhood Learning & Knowledge Center (ECLKC) has given Head Start providers access to finding federal funding accessible to them. Continue reading to get started!
Option 1 – ECLKC Funding Finder
- Head to the ECLKC Website
- Search “FOA” (Funding Opportunity Announcement Locator) in the search box
- Click the first option
- In the “Select a state” drop-down choose your state if shown
If your state has funding opportunities available for application, they will show here. The opportunities that have closed will also be shown here. When clicking on a funding opportunity you will see it in more detail including closing date, fund total, and posting date.
If your state was not shown, move on to option 2.
Option 2 – Head Start Locator
- Using the ECLKC Website search “Head Start Locator”
- Click on the second option
- Search the zip code your Head Start is in
From here, you will be able to find the phone number for your grantee’s office. This office should be able to tell you more about funding you have received, available funding, and funding passed.
If your state grantee does not have any information on funding, move on to option 3.
Option 3 – Office of Children & Family Services.
- Navigate to the Office of Children & Family Services website.
- Using the top navigation put your cursor over “About”
- Using the drop-down menu, click “Contact Us”
- Find your state’s region and click on that region
From here, you will be provided with the contact information for your Head Start regional office. State that you would like to talk to a representative about your local funding opportunities.
Option 4 – Grants.gov
- Head to the Grants.gov website
- Using the top navigation, click “Search Grants”
This is a forum of all government-funded programs and projects. Using the multiple search filters, you will be able to find curated grants for your needs.