Louisiana Round 2 of ARPA Stabilization Funding 2022
What: In response to the needs of childcare across the state of Louisiana, the ARP Act included 2 rounds of funding to aid in the stabilization of childcare. These funds are to be used in helping programs provide high-quality education and childcare for all in the state.
Who: Open to all eligible childcare providers who applied by April 7th, 2022.
When: All applications had to be received by April 7th, 2022, and funds have been divided out and made available to those who applied and met the requirements. Funds must be spent by June 30th, 2023
How: Funding is being awarded based on current enrollment in each center along with a variety of different bonus amounts. Eligible providers who applied could receive up to $1,800 per child as a base and up to $744 per child as a bonus amount. These funds can then be spent on a variety of different things based on your childcare center needs such as:
– Paying for past expenses – any expenses incurred in order to keep providing essential services
– Personnel Costs – wages, benefits, payroll taxes, etc.
– Rent, Utilities, Facilities Maintenance, and Insurance – mortgage, rent, ect.
– PPE, Cleaning & Other Health/Safety Practices and Supplies
– Equipment & Supplies – purchases or updates to equipment & supplies to respond to COVID19, including new business challenges
– Goods and Services –food, equipment, materials to facilitate play, diapering, safe sleep, etc.
– Mental Health services – for children or staff
Still have Questions? Click Here for an overview of these funds and FAQs
Let us help you maximize the funding to enhance your learning space! Funding can be used on a variety of COVID-related or classroom supplies to help you resume care. Below are some popular items that childcare centers spent their various childcare grants or ARP funds on:
We here at Play with a Purpose truly understand how difficult the last few years have been for you and we do not want you to miss out on this opportunity for funding for your organization. We understand that applying for funding can be difficult at times and want to make sure we are here to apply and receive funds that will help you education and continue to serve the children in your area. Contact us today with any questions and we would be more than happy to help you! You can even schedule time to talk directly with your State Sales Rep. Schedule time with Nicole!