Michigan Child Care Stabilization Grant – Spring 2022
What: Funds that are available to all child care providers in Michigan to help owners keep the doors open and continue to focus on educating kids and supporting families. These funds are non-competitive and are available to everyone that applies.
Who: Those who are eligible to apply are the following:
- Licensed child care centers
- Licensed family homes and group homes
- Tribal-based childcare
- Head Start, Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) and 21st CCLC programs that also provide tuition-based childcare
**Eligible applicants must also be open and available to provide childcare services on the date of application OR be temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
When: The spring 2022 application is available now and closes on May 26th. To be eligible for the spring grant, owners must submit their 2021 Fall Childcare Stabilization Operations report.
How: Funding will be calculated according to the following:
- Eligible providers will receive base and bonus payments for providing in demand care.
- Base awards are given based on the license capacity you have and your provider type.
- Bonus payments are added if you provide care for infants and toddler, offer subsidy care, are open during non-traditional hours, or care for children with special needs.
- Providers will also receive funding for staff bonuses.
Let us help you maximize the funding to enhance your learning space! Funding can be used on a variety of COVID-related or classroom supplies to help you resume care. Below are some popular items that child care centers spent their Fall 2021 Grant funds on: