Texas Childcare Relief Funding 2022
What: Funds that are available to all Child Cares in Texas to help owners keep the doors open and continue to focus on educating kids and supporting families. These funds are non-competitive and are available to everyone that applied.
Who: Those who are eligible for the funding must be:
- Open to provide childcare services at the time of application OR be temporarily closed due to public health, financial hardship, or other COVID-19–related reasons at the time of application (with plans to reopen within 30 days)
- Actively licensed or registered in the State of Texas with Child Care Regulation by February 28, 2022
- In good standing with Child Care Regulation
- Committed to remaining open through at least May 2023.
When: Eligible Childcare providers received an application link starting in March of 2022 and had until May 31st, 2022, to submit the application. Funds have been awarded on a rolling basis and will come in 4 installments. With the first coming within 7 days of application approval.
How: Funding is going to be calculated by using the childcare program’s licensed capacity and the 75th percentile of the average market rate for childcare in the given area. The amount will then be multiplied by 22 and then by a multiplier of 3.2725.
Some providers may able be eligible for enhanced funding amount if their center is one of the following:
- Texas Rising Star certified
- Nationally accredited
- Resides in a childcare desert
Still have Questions? Click Here for an overview of these funds and FAQs
We here at Play with a Purpose truly understand how difficult the last few years have been for you and we do not want you to miss out on this opportunity for funding for your organization. We understand that applying for funding can be difficult at times and want to make sure we are here to apply and receive funds that will help you education and continue to serve the children in your area. Contact us today with any questions and we would be more than happy to help you! You can even schedule time to talk directly with your State Sales Rep. Schedule time with Nicole!